Saturday, November 12, 2011

Things I miss...

from the States.  Don't get me wrong I like living here overall, but there are some convienences from home I miss.

-windows and sliding doors with screens (here they don't exist)
-finishing a load of laundry within an hour (here just to wash takes 120+ minutes and another 111 minutes to dry)
-ability to wash more than 2 pairs of jeans/3 shirts in a load of laundry
-my dishwasher (here I hand wash the dishes as we don't have one)
-my garbage disposal
-American cable
-buying fruit when it might not be in season in Illinois
-my full sized oven
-closet space (we only have 2 closets in our home, in the master bedroom)
-being able to jump in my car to run to Target or the grocery store (here I need to plan my trips by the bus, tram and train routes)
-being able to shop on Sunday (everything is closed here on Sundays with the exception of restaurants and the movie theatre)
-driving
-all my kitchen appliances (kitchen aid mixer, toaster, blender, etc)
-our grill (not very common here and we are not allowed to have one per our lease)
-good cuts of beef (here the red meat isn't very good)
-customer service (here you don't need to tip, which is nice.  although, service usually sucks since servers don't need to work for their tips)
-banks open for more than 6 hours a day (here banks are open usually from 8:30-2 and not on weekends either)
-our large bed (it was just a queen, but here we have a double and that is the biggest we could get)

No comments:

Post a Comment