Thursday, November 10, 2011

London: Part I

Jeff had to work in London for a week in October, so we decided to make a weekend out of it.  It was nice to visit a country where we spoke the local language.  If you never been to London it is a lot like the US, similar to NYC.  There is a Whole Foods in London so I was able to purchase some items that I can't find here in Spain, such as; oatmeal, brown sugar, syrup for pancakes, chocolate chips, corn syrup, coffee for french press, a cake mix and tub of frosting.

The Free Mason building:


St. Paul's Cathedral:
From the top of St. Paul's Cathedral.  Jeff climbed to the top while I waited downstairs.  There were some 500 steps to the top, about 450 too many for me.
There was a protest in front of the cathedral while we were there.  They were protesting the cutting of benefits in the country.


 The Monument:

 Jeff and I at the Tower Bridge.



 Cheese sandwiches being made at the Borough Market.

 It was sooooo good.  It was cheese, onion and capers...all for 5 pounds.
 Big Ben:

The London Eye:


This post reminds me I still have to post pictures from Madrid when we were there in July.  Stay tuned there are more London pictures that I will post.

No comments:

Post a Comment