Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Park Labernit

A few weekends ago Jeff and I went to a park here in Barcelona that his co-worker told him about.  It is near tibidado (a post from a few weeks ago) and it wasn't too difficult to get to.  The park was built in the 1700's and was a place "to be seen" in the 1800's. 

Main entrance.
Courtyard behind the palace above.
Walkway to the "Labernit".
Some statue?
This is what they call a "labernit".  I always wonder why in movies people would get lost in these things...well Jeff and I got a bit lost when I decided I wanted to try it out.  We didn't make it through the whole thing...we some how ended up where we started and gave up.  It looks SOOO easy from here.
Pond in the middle of the Labernit...does that water look yummy?
My understand this was the pool house...the next picture will give you a better idea of why I think that.
This is the back of the pool house...no one swims in there except for some goldfish.
There I am...hot and sweaty.
They called this the "Romantic Garden".
This was another pool of water somewhere else in the park...oh and there is Jeff.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment