Monday, July 18, 2011

It is a chore

chore to run errands here as we don’t have a car.  We can only buy what we can carry, which is good and bad. I miss the days when I could buy as much as I could fit into my 4Runner (although I don’t miss paying $4/gallon in gas), now I am I limited to what I can fit into here.


This is my grocery cart, isn’t she pretty.  Since we live about 3 blocks from the grocery store I decided to purchase a grocery cart, even the lightest groceries become heavy after 3+ blocks in 80 degree weather.  These carts are very common here and people of all ages use them.

I do have to go grocery shopping often as fruit and vegetables spoil quickly, I would say I go 3 times a week.  I usually make 1 big trip and 2 smaller trips during the week.  All stores/grocery stores are closed on Sunday so I make sure I have enough to get us through the weekend.  There are a few small bodegas that are open on Sunday.  Bodegas would be equivalent of a convenience store in the States with the exception that have lots of fresh fruit/vegetables not just snack foods.
Sorry about the pics...for some reason I can't figure out why they are loading sideways...grrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment