Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Our first surprise care package..

came yesterday.  Since we weren't home the post man/women left a slip in our mailbox...now what?

First, I had to figure out what the slip left in our mailbox said as it was in Spanish and Catalan. I understood most of what it said; I did need to use the dictionary for a few words.

Second, I had to figure out where the post office was. I put the address into Google maps and it pulled up the map of the area including a view of the street.

Lastly, how am I going to get there? Since we don't have a car I rely on my feet, the bus, and the metro, the tram or taxis to go anywhere. I was able to use Google to and figure out there was a bus stop near the post office that I could get on a few blocks from our home.

It was actually a pretty easy errand, I was pleasantly surprised. Sometimes running errands can turn into long and frustrating experiences in a country where you don't speak the language fluently.

So you are probably wondering what we got...a package from Paula (our marriage therapist in IL). We had a therapy session over Skype a few weeks ago and I mentioned things I can't get here in Spain that I miss. I mentioned how I looked all over the place and I couldn't find baking soda, so she sent me a box of baking soda and goo for Amish friendship bread (she knows I like to bake).  I guess I had to add some stuff to the bread on day 6, but I am on day 12 right now...I hope it turns out.

Thanks Paula...that was very sweet of you!!

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear the process, did you make bread yet
    Paula

    ReplyDelete