Thursday, December 15, 2011

Amsterdam: Part I

Jeff was in Amsterdam for a week in a half in mid-November for work.  I flew there for the weekend and we spent the weekend being tourist.  It was a bit chilly there compared to Barcelona, which we weren't prepared for.  Here in Barcelona it is still in the 60's during the day and it is mid-December.  It was in the 40's in Amsterdam the weekend of our visit.  I know being from Chicago that is nothing, but our blood has thinned out since moving here ;-)
This is the central train station in Amsterdam.

Dam Palace.



Sights on our canal cruise.





We visited two markets in the area and one flower market. 


Here is a bunch of fried seafood at the market, not really my thing.
The smallest car ever...I think it was even smaller than the "Smart Car".


Waffles and Pancakes are big in Amsterdam...both sweet and savory.  Here was a stand at the market that customized waffles.
Jeff and I got one with chocolate and almond slices.



No comments:

Post a Comment