Monday, September 26, 2011

Ireland-The Oldest Pub in Ireland


Jeff and I recently met a friend of his from Wisconsin and his wife in Ireland.  We were only with them for 24 hours as they continued on to Germany and we stayed in Ireland since we had never been.  We landed Wednesday night and rented a car and drove 2+ hours to Galway as we were going to see Cliffs of Moher the next day.  We did make a stop in Athlone to visit the oldest pub in Ireland per the Guiness Book of World records.  It opened its doors in 900 AD.
This is me in front of the bar, don't mind my smirk.  I guess I didn't realize Jeff was taking a picture.
Selection of liquor.
This is Jeff and his friend Nick enjoying a Guiness.
I guess the key to drinking Guiness is to fill up the glass 3/4 the way and let it sit for 5 minutes and then top it off.
Here is the certificate from the Guiness Book of World Records.
Here I am with Rachel, Nick's wife.  She is pregnant with their second child and was not able to partake in alcoholic beverages. 
Here I am again.
Memorabilia on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment