Monday, August 1, 2011

The simple things...

such as a load of laundry takes awhile here in Spain. Our unit is both a washer and dryer, my understanding our dryer is a condensation dryer. Meaning the dryer uses a heat exchanger to cool the air and condense the water vapor into either a drain pipe. It typically takes 2 cycles to completely dry a load, at 111 minutes each cycle. Then to wash a load is around 120 minutes depending on the temperature you are using. There are lots of other options when choosing a setting...quick wash (which is 56 minutes), soak, stain setting and you can also change the drum speed. I typically just do a normal wash setting using cold, warm or hot water. I should also say our washer doesn't hold much so I am always doing laundry. Yesterday I did 2 bath towels, 1 tub mat, 2 hand towels and that was a very full load. Today I did one double bed sized blanket and that is all that would fit.
 All these settings...are they really necessary?

No comments:

Post a Comment